Did you know that you can find and remove a virus file on your computer using Command Prompt? If not, then this is how you can do this wonderful trick. Like any other advanced trick, please use it with care. Make sure you follow the instructions given very carefully. Viruses are programs designed to make your computer execute commands that can be harmful to it and to you as the user. Below is how to find and remove the virus files using the Windows Command Prompt tool.
Open the Command Prompt tool using the Start Button -> Type “CMD” and press enter key on the keyboard to execute the command.
Situation: – Viruses change the attributes of the files or folders so that they cannot be changed or deleted. They run these commands below to do this thing using the computer itself.
- +s – meaning it is a system file (which also means that you cannot delete it just by using the delete command)
- +h – means it is hidden (so you cannot delete it)
- +r – means it is a read only file ( which also means that you cannot delete it just by using the delete command)
Now we need to set the attributes of autorun.inf to -s -h -r (so that we can manually delete it).
- Type “cd” and press enter
- Type attrib -s -h -r autorun.inf ( be sure to include -s -h -r because you cannot change the attributes using only -s or -h or -r alone without the other two commands)
- Type attrib again to check if your changes have been commited
- If the autorun.inf file has no more attributes, you can now delete it by typing del autorun.inf
- Or use the virus name such as SilentSoftech.exe the malware you can remove the attributes by doing step 1 and step 3 (just change the filename) example attrib -s -h -r silentsoftech.exe to delete it…
More Related Tips: